That was going to be my next step, installing it on my current Debian system. I suspect that the package is on github, as I tried installing omv and openmediavault with no success. As soon as I can get this Chirp program to properly program my Ham radio, it's back to looking for OMV for the Debian. If I could get into it, I would try it directly, installing espeak and all, but I have it in a VM, and it's IP address isn't yet showing up.
Glenn
----- Original Message ----- From: "john doe" <johndoe65...@mail.com>
To: <debian-accessibility@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2023 1:51 AM
Subject: Re: Installing Open Media Vault

On 5/23/23 19:12, Jason White wrote:

On 22/5/23 17:29, K0LNY wrote:
Is it possible that OMV has no accessibility in it?
Or is there something else in the Debian installer that brings up TTS?

Having been on this and other Linux-related mailing lists for a long
time, I notice a recurring pattern

1. Someone tries a little-known Linux distribution that most of us have
never heard of.

2. It turns out not to be accessible (that is, the screen reader doesn't
work, or it does work and the desktop environment is inaccessible).

Conclusion: accessibility doesn't happen by accident. If a distribution
doesn't mention screen reader support on its Web site, or if there is no
established community of screen reader users working with that
distribution, then it's very likely to be inaccessible. If it is
accessible, you're very lucky indeed.

This is in two-folds:
- It's doable to administer OMV
- Having a accessible GUI is something else! :)

An alternative would be to install Debian and install the OMV pkg! :)

--
John Doe