Hello,
I have Debian Bookworm 32 bit installed on my Asus, and I have audio when over
SSH, but not from the keyboard.
I do the login credentials with no speech, and I'm sure I'm logged in with the
keyboard.
I can do espeak-ng test
and I hear it talk when done via SSH but not with the keyboard.
I do speaker-test
and the speaker test runs via SSH, but again, not from the keyboard.
When I enter via SSH the following:
espeakup
It comes back with:
192 Can not work with the pid file /var/run/espeakup.pid: Permission denied

Espeakup is already running!

So then I do
sudo -
and enter the root password, and I'm in as root.
Then I do
espeakup
and it says it is already running.
spd-say test
also speaks via SSH.
When I boot up, it speaks a little bit at startup, but doesn't read all the
information that espeakup normally speaks.
It just goes silent from the keyboard.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.

Glenn

A man with a clock always knows what time it is.
A man with two clocks is never sure.
-- A derivative of Segal's law