On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Craig Small wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 11:05:49AM +0100, Major A wrote:
> > I tried to run the following test program on an alpha ev67 (a Nautilus
> > running debian potato with linux-2.2.17, gcc-2.95.2):
> 
> Here's my results, it's a  AlphaPC 164SX.
> 
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ gcc -o fptest1 fptest.c 
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ gcc -mieee-with-inexact -o fptest2 fptest.c 
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ ./fptest1
> 1 / 3 = 0.333333
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ ./fptest2
> 1 / 3 = 0.333333
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ uname -a
> Linux fozzie 2.2.19 #2 Mon Apr 16 17:08:37 EST 2001 alpha unknown
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ gcc --version
> 2.95.2

Just tried on a UP1100 and UP2000 (both EV67), same results:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] /root]# vi test.c
[EMAIL PROTECTED] /root]# cp test.c test2.c
[EMAIL PROTECTED] /root]# gcc -o test test.c
[EMAIL PROTECTED] /root]# gcc -mieee-with-inexact -o test2 test2.c 
[EMAIL PROTECTED] /root]# ./test
1 / 3 = 0.333333
[EMAIL PROTECTED] /root]# ./test2
1 / 3 = 0.333333
[EMAIL PROTECTED] /root]# gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/alpha-redhat-linux/2.96/specs
gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.0)

However on an EV6 running Debian:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ cp test.c test2.c
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ gcc -o test test.c
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ gcc -mieee-with-inexact -o test2 test2.c 
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ ./test
1 / 3 = 0.333333
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ ./test2
1 / 3 = 0.25

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/alpha-linux/2.95.2/specs
gcc version 2.95.2 20000220 (Debian GNU/Linux)
 
> > Currently, I have no access to any other ev67. All other alphas I have
> > access to (ev4, ev45, ev56) give correct results.
> Still learning about alphas, but I think I have a ev56

SX is a pca56, basically an ev56 with less cache and the addition of the
MVI instructions.

--rdp

-- 
Rich Payne
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                       www.alphalinux.org


Reply via email to