Am Freitag 08 Juni 2007 schrieb Irene Laiz:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm new to Linux. I've just installed Debian 4.0 on a server based on EA64T
> architecture. When trying to install the Intel Fortran Compiler, the
> installation fails because the IA-32 version of the following libraries
> cannot be found:
>
> libstdc++
> libgcc
> glibc
>
> Can anyone tell me where to find them? This is what I've done so far
> (logged
>
> in as root):
> > apt-get install ia32-libs
>
> The answer I get is that ia32-libs is already installed in its latest
> version
>
> >apt-get ia32-libs-dev
>
> The answer I get is that this package is not available but it can be
> replaced with lib32z1-dev, lib32bz2-dev and ia32-libs. When trying to
> install them I get a message saying that they're already installed in their
> latest version.
> Thank you very much for your help
>
> Irene

Hi Irene,

my suggestion:

Just create a chroot into yous system. You find the howto here:

https://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/30192/21/debian-amd64-howto.html

Look below "Using an IA32 chroot to run 32-bit application". Doing so, you
have the advantage of an easy managing. Add the path to the chroot
into /etc/ld.so.conf.d/x86_64-linux-gnu.conf, so that the 64-bit-system will
find it. Add those two lines:

/var/chroot/sid-ia32/lib
/var/chroot/sid-ia32/usr/lib

That is all.

With this chroot you will be able to run 32-bit-applications as well.

Maintainers: This is working for me, if I made something wrong (i.e. withe the
paths), feel free, to correct me.

Good luck

Hans