Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 16:30:53 +0000
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: debian-amd64@lists.debian.org
Subject: New Debian user

Listers,
I am a Fedora user trying to do my first Debian install (downloaded to CD). It
installs OK but the installer REALLY wants to access the net. In order for that
to happen I have to install ndiswrapper. In order for that to happen I need the
kernel headers which I -think- are not installed. The installer doesn't ask if
Kernel stuff is to be installed so I assume I have to get them from the net. I
tried copying over the ndiswrapper module from Fedora but insmod knows that its
from the wrong kernel.
The installer assumes there is a working net connection during install, not
true in my case.
Basically I need the net to give myself access to the net.
How can I break out of this chicken/egg situation?
regards Jim Bean