Thanks Ivan for the reply, I feel the only modification would be the grub
as I will have to install it over the whole hard disk as I have a dual boot
of windows.
Can you tell me more about my /home partition (Point # 2)

I will try your method and will report.

But I want to know, even after downloading a whole 4 gb dvd, do I really
need an Internet connection?

--
Regards,
Anubhav Yadav