reassign 229099 php4
stop
quit
thanks

Hi Giuseppe,
        you are using the php4-imap extension that is known to be broken
since long time and it causes apache to segafult. Reassigning the bug to
php4.

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:

> I did an strace of apache an found that it segfaults just after opening
> /dev/urandom. When it hangs, there is a huge file in /tmp (more the 60Mb)
> created by apache (maybe this is normal.)

I am not sure about the 60MB file. afaik it's part of the shared memory
but i have never noticed one so big.

> I attach to this message an archive with tmp/log beign the output of
> strace -o /tmp/log -f -s256 apache -F

thanks. This one clearly shows the php4-imap installation problem.

Fabio

--
Our mission: make IPv6 the default IP protocol
"We are on a mission from God" - Elwood Blues

http://www.itojun.org/paper/itojun-nanog-200210-ipv6isp/mgp00004.html