Package: apache2-mpm-worker
Version: 2.2.8-1

Hi all,

when I or a script (like logrotate) tries to restart Apache2 with the
command "/etc/init.d/apache2 restart" it fails printing out the following:

> Restarting web server: apache2(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could
> not bind to address [::]:80
> (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
> Unable to open logs
>  failed!

My watchdog programs then start Apache2 after some minutes.

BTW: The watchdog programs (Monit plus a self written PHP script) don't
interfere, I disabled the programs before I did some testing.

This also happens on all servers I'm running.

I posted this here because I use apache2-mpm-worker and do not know what
Apache2 package has the problem.

I'm experiencing this problem for several months now, maybe also when still
using v2.0.x.

Kindest regards,
Martin