Thanks for the detailed information.

On Wed, 18 Jun 2014, Yann Schlame wrote:
> Checking the logs on two affected webservers, this log entry first appeared
> on February 16th 2014 in /var/log/apache2/error.log during the daily log
> rotation. I'm not sure whether that coincides with prior installation of
> Debian updates, but I guess so.

>From reading the code, it seems there is a race condition that can lead to
this log message during shutdown or restart without any other ill effect.
It is possible that its appearance depends on the server load, which would
explain why it happens on some servers and not on others. The message only
happens if apache is listening on at least two ports (or IPs).

> Just like stated in the original report, Apache seems to be running fine
> and responds normally despite these log entries.

I you have no other problems, I would recommend to just ignore it.