On 11/29/2017 02:36 PM, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:
I am the new Debian maintainer of 0ad (a video game).
Since 0ad version alpha 22 (0.0.22 in Debian) the software fails to build on
arm64.
The build logs are at
https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=0ad&arch=arm64&ver=0.0.22-1&stamp=1508351579&raw=0

The build error is related to mozjs-38.0.0 patched and embedded in 0ad:

mozjs is a security-relevant library. It shouldn't be embedded into 0ad. Rather,
you should link against any of the mozjs versions packaged and available in
Debian. The security team will certainly not be happy about your embedded copy
of a Javascript engine and they might as you to fix this issue or your package
gets removed from testing.

I have no time to work on this bug. I am not sure if many people will ever play
0ad on arm64 :-)
For now support of arm64 has been removed.

That's not how we usually fix bugs in Debian.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer - glaub...@debian.org