Op zaterdag 21 juli 2018 03:00:00 CEST schreef Gene Heskett:
> On Friday 20 July 2018 17:55:23 Freek de Kruijf wrote:
> > Op vrijdag 20 juli 2018 10:36:53 CEST schreef Paul Wise:
> > > On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 8:14 PM, Freek de Kruijf wrote:
> > > I suggest upgrading your system to Debian stretch.
>
> I've done that, and its much less stable than a jessie install, needing a
> powerdown reboot about hourly. Not only that, but logging into a console
> to do almost anything I could just do on jessie is now blocked because
> the console login is now prevented from running anything that needs x.
> This makes maintenance or code development a major pain in the a$$.

I went from the Raspberry Pi 3B to the Banana Pi M64 only because it has 2GB
memory instead of 1 GB. I run a number of standard services on it of which
email or rather virus scanning became a problem. The system runs headless with
only ssh, no X, for maintenance. So I do not have the problems you reported.

--
fr.gr.

Freek de Kruijf