On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 07:58:17PM -0300, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
wrote:
> > https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qtbase-opensource-src-gles/5.7.1+dfsg->
> >  2ubuntu4~1

> > And here is the list of all packages that required dual-stack at least as of
> > 2017, when Ubuntu stopped development on this:

> > $ wget -O - -q
> > http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/zesty/universe/source/Sources.g
> > z \ zcat | grep-dctrl -FPackage -r qt.*gles -sPackage
> > Package: qt3d-opensource-src-gles
> > Package: qtbase-opensource-src-gles
> > Package: qtdeclarative-opensource-src-gles
> > Package: qtlocation-opensource-src-gles
> > Package: qtmir-gles
> > Package: qtmultimedia-opensource-src-gles
> > Package: qtubuntu-gles
> > $

> > i.e. 7 source packages total, and 2 of them Ubuntu-Touch-specific (qtmir,
> > qtubuntu).

> And to be honest two of those packages where exclusive to ubuntu: qtmir-gles
> and qtubuntu-gles.

> > Maybe you were already aware of this, but it didn't come across to me in
> > your mail, sorry.

> Yes, we are :-) Dmitry has been working on them (he is also an Ubuntu Qt
> maintainer).  He points me out that those 7 packages were needed for the
> Ubuntu Touch port which, I presume, does not counts KDE's Plasma or KF
> libraries.  The question is then: how would this affect other stacks like
> the ones I mentioned before?  And then there might be other libraries
> involved.  Granted, we do not know exactly which ones but...

It is actually fairly easy to answer this question as well: simply identify
all the packages in the archive that depend on one of the known dual-stack
libraries, prepare dual stack packages that use the symbols file magic from
Ubuntu, rebuild all the reverse-dependencies, and identify all those
packages which are libraries and which end up with a dependency only on the
GL version of the package instead of a dependency on GL | GLES.

A fair amount of compile time required to do this analysis, but relatively
little human time.

If someone was interested in volunteering to ensure both GL and GLES were
supported by Qt, this is where I would suggest they start, in order to
accurately size the effort involved and know what they're signing up for.

Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/
slanga...@ubuntu.com                                     vor...@debian.org