On 10/27/23 09:30, Steve McIntyre wrote:
On Fri, Oct 27, 2023 at 03:23:10PM +0200, Emanuele Rocca wrote:
Hi Guillem,

On 2023-10-27 04:33, Guillem Jover wrote:
Checking now again, I realize Wookey mentioned enabling this for the 3
arm arches (those would be arm64, armhf and armel), so the patch I
provided would match that. But I was wondering now what about armeb and
arm64ilp32? I mean, I assume those should be excluded for now as they
did not get any testing, and they might not even be used/lively(?),

Correct, there has been no testing done on armeb/arm64ilp32 as far as
I'm aware. I'd suggest enabling the feature only on armhf/armel for the
time being.

Are either of those ports (armeb/arm64ilp32) actually useful / alive
at this point?

Another architecture you might consider adding is whatever is used in the banana-pi-m5 boards, its an improvement on the rpi4b, without the radio, and with all 4 usb ports running at usb3 speeds. With a 4 core arm64 running at 2GHz, so its a bit faster than the rpi4. With spi support, it would make a great replacement for the rpi4b. At under $90 USD. Currently running ubuntu-jammy based distro in arm64 flavor, called armbian. And running several 3d printers here. Good stable boards.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis