Hi Stefan,

Am Sat, Apr 15, 2023 at 08:54:31AM +0000 schrieb Stefan Kropp:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to setup a Desktop Environment (IceWM) for a Debian
> Blend project (DebianJr).
>
> I wonder if there is a generic solution in the Debian Blend
> Framework which can be used.
>
> I have started to work on some basic setup for a live system [1].
>
> I would like to provide a set of configuration files for the
> Debian Junior Users.
>
>  * Configuration of the IceWM Window Manager
>  * Documentation: e.g. symlinks in the $HOME to /usr/share/doc/...
>  * Additional files (icons for toolbar)
>
> My idea was to create a new package #1012463 [2] which contains
> all information (configuration, files, documentation).
>
> Maybe there is already another way to provide this within the
> blend framework?

There is nothing I'd be aware of but it would be nice to have in some
generic way to adapt for all Blends.

> The second question is: How can I "activate" a Blend for a user?

I once experimented with user menus for users that can be selected via
debconf.  Looking back from today this was kind of overengineering and
did not continued with this.

> I found some information "User roles" in the blends handbook, but
> I'm not sure about how I can use it.

The Debian user menu was the only application for these roles.

Kind regards
    Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de