Christian,

Thanks for that, I tried running the daily netinst just now , in a
virtual machine to see what results I could get the previous reported
oddities have disapeared, however with this netinst I can't complete the
install as it fails to install grub on /dev/sda.

netinst build: *Sun Aug 15 21:16:41 UTC 2010*.

Checking tty4, it states "grub-probe error - no such disk"
"Auto-detection of a filesystem module failed, specify the module
explicitly" "Running 'grub-install --no-floppy --force "/dev/sda"' failed"

Do you want me to file a new installation report for this, and close
this bug?

Regards,

Keith