On 20.12.2011 01:44, John D. Hendrickson and Sara Darnell wrote:
> I hate to say anything no knowing the full story.  I was just installing.
>
> The initrd.gz off netinst CD does has depmod.  If you use it then your ext4
> module loads right? Without depmod you could edit the modules.dep et al files
> with nano and that should work too, if I remember correctly.
>
> I had to copy ext2.ko using dd and a floppy, no fs modules in initrd to mount
> even minix.  deb-inst told it found no kernel in netinst which it wanted.
> wtf?
>
> busy box saves the day again right?  i got it working.

I don't understand anything you wrote above.  Can you elaborate please?

The place you quoted from the previous email:

>> Unlike the modprobe utility from module-init-tools, busybox' version fails
>> for built-in modules:

is at least improperly worded, proper wording would be something like
"modprobe from busybox complains about built-in modules" - since there's
no way to _load_ a module which is already built-in to the kernel.

If you have some problem with ext2.ko, please describe it in more details.

Thanks,

/mjt