[Cc list trimmed]

On Thu, 2012-02-23 at 15:03 -0700, dann frazier wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 04:55:32PM -0700, dann frazier wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 09:36:38PM +0000, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> > > -kernel, -boot - were there any plans for a final kernel and/or d-i
> > > upload for lenny?  If so we need to get those sorted asap.
> >
> > There are some security fixes for the kernel queued - nothing major.
> > I had planned to see if the CVE-2011-4127 fix from the recent 2.6.27.y
> > update applied cleanly/sanely. But, I'd also be ok w/ shipping what we
> > have now.
>
> Evidently this reply got dropped somewhere by listz, at any rate...
> I prepared the above, tested it on amd64, and I'm currently preparing
> a build for hppa. I don't know of anything else that needs to change
> in d-i. My recommendation would be to either:

fwiw, the packages in o-p-u right now which contain udebs are freetype,
libpng and openssl.  Those all appear to be used in the gtk initrd at
least (openssl only on some architectures) although I'm not sure if that
makes a difference to whether we want to do a respin.

>  A) upload this build to security. If we have all builds by Monday
>     (02.27), go ahead and release a DSA and proceed with a d-i spin. If
>     not, reject & go w/ what we have.

Assuming the technical side still works, I do worry a little that a new
DSA three weeks after the announced EOL for security support might
confuse people.

I suppose we could do a last-minute kernel update via o-p-u, although I
don't know if we have any idea how many people actually upgrade to EOL
point releases in the relatively short period before the move to
archive.d.o.

Phil: any thoughts / preferences?

Regards,

Adam