Christian PERRIER <bubu...@debian.org> (2014-10-01):
> Quoting Cyril Brulebois (k...@debian.org):
> > Package: d-i.debian.org
> > Severity: normal
> >
> > Every time a release is getting prepared one has to run calc-release-status,
> > which can:
> >  1) take a while;
> >  2) and most annoyingly: fail because of a missing tag and similar things.
> >
> > It's a usual source of frustration and time loss when stuff should just be
> > being
> > wrapped up and forgotten about.
> >
> > Having it run in a crontab would make it possible to detect those issues in
> > preemptive fashion, and possibly make updating the l10n status as simple as
> > file transfer. (Failing a quick resolution of #762053, scp from dillon would
> > just work.)
>
> Just had a brief try tonight, which failed, probably because of:
>
>         # ssh franck.debian.org is used to work around #699268; we want dak
> ls.
>         madison="$(ssh franck.debian.org dak ls -s $SUITE $package -a source)"
>
> d-i@dillon:~/trunk/scripts/l10n$ ssh franck.debian.org dak ls
> Permission denied (publickey).
>

> Not investigated further, though

rmadison supports being told where to look, and UDD got fixed anyway. If
needed, we can still point rmadison at the ftp-master URL instead.

I've also committed r70009 which makes it possible to point at local git
checkouts instead of downloading stuff from git.debian.org, which speeds
things up, and should work fine as long as they're updated regularly
(and that happens already due to various crontab entries).

I've used it this way:
  GITREPO=/home/kibi/debian-installer/packages ./calc-release-status

I'll probably look into implementing something for #763578 after Stretch
Alpha 1 is out.

Mraw,
KiBi.