On Sat, Sep 03, 2016 at 08:40:12AM -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
> On 9/3/2016 7:24 AM, Mario Gummies wrote:
> >02.09.2016, 20:17, "Mario Gummies" <qemu-buro-point-d...@yandex.com>:
> >>Hi,
> >>I am planning a fancy debian installation session next week on a
> >>real machine and I want to do it with the preseeding method called
> >>"file". Therefore I downloaded and burned a cd-image from the
> >>official server. Please note: This is not a case of a mastered cd,
> >>I speak of. Given I found a preseed.cfg, which I put in a parallel
> >>partition on the hd, ready to be loaded into the installation routine.
> >>Reading the docs here is the point, where I loose track:
> >>
> >>This case, loading a preseed.cfg within an ordinary cd installation
> >>from hard disk, seems not included within the examples given, does
> >>not it?
> >>
> >>These are btw the terms I did web search for:
> >>installing preseed from file cdrom debian-boot@lists.debian.org
> >>
> >>Any idea or discussion on how to perform it, any pointer?
> >>Tia
> >
> >Hi once more,
> >Ps: If it comes out that this feature for some reason or the other
> >is not "covered", to say it is not implemented. The Howto does not
> >mention it explicitly: So keeping silence should insinuate: Docs say
> >it is not there. Right?
> >  I would, however, opt to care for its implementation instead.
> >So: as well points for the question of 1) wish or 2)effort of the
> >implementation of this feature are welcome.
> >

> This question would be more appropriate on debian-user.
> You don't mention what documentation you are using.
> Appendix B. of the Installation Guide covers preseeding [chose
> appropriate guide at
> https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual ].
> Also read the thread at
> http://lists.debian.org/508445a7.40...@cloud85.net useful.

In that thread is https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2012/10/msg01130.html
it says "passed on the kernel command line to the installer."

A kernel boot parameter is the link between having a CD-ROM and preseed file.

As a happy user of network installs do I lack CD-ROM install exprience ...

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Leven en laten leven