Christian PERRIER <bubu...@debian.org> (2017-10-30):
> > | W: GPG error: http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian testing InRelease: The
> > following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not
> > available: NO_PUBKEY 7638D0442B90D010
> > | W: The repository 'http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian testing InRelease' is
> > not signed.
> >
> > That seems to have been happening starting a few days after the
> > initial stretch release (mid-June).
>
> Unsure if this is harmful or not.
>

> > | W: Problem unlinking the file archives - Clean (21: Is a directory)
> > | W: Problem unlinking the file cache - Clean (21: Is a directory)
> > |  testing...E: Some packages could not be authenticated
> > | mv: cannot stat 'main-menu*': No such file or directory
> > | head: cannot open
> > '/home/d-i/l10n/material/packages.testing1/main-menu/debian/changelog' for
> > reading: No such file or directory
> > | E: Some packages could not be authenticated
> > | mv: cannot stat 'debian-installer-utils*': No such file or directory
> > | head: cannot open
> > '/home/d-i/l10n/material/packages.testing1/debian-installer-utils/debian/changelog'
> >  for reading: No such file or directory
> > | E: Some packages could not be authenticated
> > | mv: cannot stat 'anna*': No such file or directory
> > | head: cannot open
> > '/home/d-i/l10n/material/packages.testing1/anna/debian/changelog' for
> > reading: No such file or directory
> > | E: Some packages could not be authenticated
> > [ cut, many more lines ]
> >
> > Those issues seem new.
>
> Indeed that happened some time ago for some packages. Still, this
> seems to be only a problem when the d-i l10n-stats script tries to
> build stats for testing, while unstable is still OK.

I think both issues are connected: if we can't trust the InRelease
signature for testing, we can't download packages from this suite in a
secure fashion, hence the “E: Some packages could not be authenticated”
error?

It might be due to new keys for testing in preparation for buster or
something like this? ISTR we got updated release keys rather late in the
stretch release cycle.

KiBi.