Hello *,

last week i tried to install Debian stable on my new notebook. This
notebook has a 128 GB SSD, an a 1 TB HDD. I wanted to have a full
encrypted installation/setup, but i failed to do this with the graphical
installer. It was kind of obvious, that i had to chose manual disk
layout. But here I stucked.
After some web research, i found that i first have to create a boot
partition, second encrypt both disks, third create volume group(s), and
at last logical volumes.

It would be hard for the installer to do the layout automagically, while
only the user knows where to place which partition, and which size it
should have. But telling me/give a hint what to do in which order to get
a encrypted system on a multi disk machine would be very helpful.

I installed the system with the ASCII installer, which was somehow more
obvious to me at manual disk layout.
--
Mit freundlichem Gruss    Yours sincerely

  Roland Schmitz

PGP Fingerprint: 5295 D408 9853 EC74 75EB EE52 1E09 4305 FDFE 6646