Hi all,

I stumbled over this 5 years old bug regarding input methods for Chinese.

Could someone comment on how the status is here?
What input methods are needed these days?

Currently we have for simplified Chinese:

Package: task-chinese-s-desktop
Architecture: all
 This task localises the desktop in Simplified Chinese.
Depends: ${misc:Depends},
Recommends:
# Input method stuff
        im-config,
        fcitx,
        fcitx-sunpinyin,
        fcitx-googlepinyin,
        fcitx-table-wubi,
# Fonts
        fonts-arphic-ukai,
        fonts-arphic-uming,
        fonts-noto,
        fonts-noto-cjk,
# Software help and localization
        libreoffice-l10n-zh-cn,
        libreoffice-help-zh-cn,
        firefox-esr-l10n-zh-cn | firefox-l10n-zh-cn,
# Dictionary
        goldendict,
# poppler-data is needed to display
# Chinese on poppler applications.
        poppler-data

And for traditional Chinese:

Package: task-chinese-t-desktop
Architecture: all
 This task localises the desktop in Traditional Chinese.
Depends: ${misc:Depends},
Recommends:
        scim,
        scim-chewing,
        scim-gtk-immodule,
        im-config,
        fonts-arphic-ukai,
        fonts-arphic-uming,
# seems openjdk needs this to display Chinese.
        fonts-noto,
        fonts-noto-cjk,
        libreoffice-l10n-zh-tw,
        libreoffice-help-zh-tw,
        firefox-esr-l10n-zh-tw | firefox-l10n-zh-tw,
# poppler-data is needed to display
# Chinese on poppler applications.
        poppler-data

Is this working so far, or should things be improved, to close this bug?

Thanks
Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwans...@mailbox.org>
PGP-Finterprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076