Hi Holger,

在 2019-11-24日的 12:15 +0100,Holger Wansing写道:
> Hi,
>
> I have upload rights for d-i packages, so sponsoring not needed.
> But I need help with such an non-source-only upload, as it seems :-|
>
> My amd64 binary upload was just rejected, I suspect because it does go
> through NEW:

> =====
> Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 10:53:57 +0000
> From: Debian FTP Masters <ftpmas...@ftp-master.debian.org>
> To: Holger Wansing <hwans...@mailbox.org>, Anton Zinoviev <
> zinov...@debian.org>
> Subject: tasksel_3.57_amd64.changes REJECTED
>

> ACL dm: NEW uploads are not allowed
>
> binary:task-chinese-s is NEW.
> binary:task-cyrillic-kde-desktop is NEW.
> binary:task-hebrew-desktop is NEW.
> binary:task-macedonian is NEW.
> binary:task-slovenian-kde-desktop is NEW.
> binary:task-chinese-s is NEW.
> binary:task-hebrew-desktop is NEW.
> binary:task-slovenian-kde-desktop is NEW.
> binary:task-cyrillic-kde-desktop is NEW.
> binary:task-macedonian is NEW.

> =====
>

> But I cannot find any documentation about how to define, if such upload
> should go through NEW (or maybe I have overlooked it?)

I believe it is like this. If:

1. You are making an upload onto Sid that contains binary package foo provided
by src:foobar,
2. The binary package foo is neither present in Sid nor in Experimental,

...then this upload must go through NEW, which is the same as our current
situation.

> In the past, I have only done source-only uploads.

I have elected to build tasksel 3.57 from git packaging repo (
https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/tasksel) and made a non-source-only
upload onto DELAYED/2. It should enter the NEW queue 2 days later.

Dear FTP Masters: please review and accept this upload after it appears in the
NEW queue. As discussed in https://bugs.debian.org/944116 , no new packages
were actually introduced and this upload was made to circumvent a bug that
potentially lay in DAK; this bug should have been fixed by now.
Please let me know if further actions are needed.

--
Best,
Boyuan Yang