Hi Phillip

Am 24.05.2021 um 06:19 schrieb Cyril Brulebois:
trigger to cold plug all devices.  Both scripts are set -e.  The Xen
Virtual Keyboard driver and at least one other driver have always failed
to trigger due to having absurdly long modalias, but the error used to
be ignored.  The kernel now returns the error to udevadm

So this is a change in behaviour in the kernel?
What happens if you boot the installed system? Does udevadm trigger fail there as well?

I feel a bit uneasy changing the udev start script this late in the release cycle (especially when it appears like covering up an issue someplace else).

I'll let Marco make the judgement on this though, as he has the most experience with those udev udeb start scripts as the original author.

Michael