El 2022-05-15 a las 08:27 +0200, Holger Wansing escribió:

> Hi,
>
> Am 14. Mai 2022 22:04:26 MESZ schrieb "Camaleón" <noela...@gmail.com>:
> >El 2022-05-14 a las 20:42 +0200, Holger Wansing escribió:
> >> The main problem is: why does
> >> https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po-debconf/es
> >> not list the already existing (and partly translated) po file for Catalan?
> >> I don't know...
> >
> >Well, Catalan and Spanish are different languages, thus «ca» locale
> >files are listed under its own site:
>
> Hrrrr, sorry, it was of course complete nonsense me talking
> about Catalan here.
> I mixed them up, because I pushed a translation for ca before
> writing that mail.

I should have guessed something like that, sorry O:-)

> Correct would have been:
>
> Why does  https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po-debconf/es
> not list the already existing (and partly translated) po file for Spanish?

I dunno, but I prefer that way.
Let the original traslator takes care of the file.

In fact, I rejected translating PO files from Debian Installation Manual
and stick to Debconf templates to not collide with other translation
members to avoid problems (see my comment #28¹ in Bug #969381).

> Or moreover, that site should not list installer packages separately
> at all...
> The page build process does not cover such special cases though.

Now I have been warned the site mixes PO files from several sources, I
will first check the origin of PO file before translating.

Thanks for noticing!

¹https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=969381#28

Cheers!

--