Sorry for the delay, I had to do some work and then forgot that I planned to reply to this bug.

> Philip Hands <p...@hands.com> writes:
>
> Actually, given that we don't care what's in the first field at that
> point, and it's already matched the start of the country code, I think
> this ought to work as well:

Yes, it works perfectly when I tested the "sed" command both in a terminal and also in my customized DI in the "./usr/lib/post-base-installer.d/05localechooser" file.

Although, I did not test the generated ISO and whether the whole locale chooser mechanism now works as intended with locales that have level 3+ (i.e. if DI actually creates the "/target/root/.profile" file for such locales). Since I don't use such locales on my systems it would be difficult for me to test this. I don't know the languages, so I probably would not be able to finish the DI using one of these languages:).

Cheers, Jmkr