Hi Steve,

On Sun, 2022-06-19 at 18:04 +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> Hey Adam!
>
> On Fri, Jun 17, 2022 at 08:31:23PM +0100, Adam Barratt wrote:
> > We're (again) running behind in getting the next point release for
> > bullseye sorted, and I know we're about to run into the
> > Deb{Camp,Conf}
> > period. I think the possible dates that make sense are:
> >
> > - July 2nd (means freezing next weekend, but so be it)
> > - July 9th
> >
> > I think there's already a couple of things pending on KiBi's review
> > list; I'll try and flag up any others as soon as I can.
>
> Argh. I've got a few pertinent issues here:
>
>  * I'm *really* busy over the next few weeks (work and debconf) which
>    make things awkward for me to fit stuff in. :-/

ACK. Debconf, and people being away for it again this year, rather
snuck up on me. TBH, June rather snuck up on me. :-(

>  * IIRC this should also be another buster point release, possibly
> the
>    last before it's dropped / passed over to LTS? Or are we thinking
>    another one in August for Buster? Checking last year's dates, we
>    released on Aug 14 so I'm thinking maybe we could/should push back
>    that last point release into August. In that case, I'd be happier
>    to do a bullseye-only point release in July. Neither of the dates
>    you suggest are ideal for me (see above!), but under time pressure
>    it's easier to cope with a single release rather than two.

stretch's LTS finishes at the end of June, and there's been some
initial discussion about how/when to handle the switchover for buster,
but it's not been concluded yet.

I'm not sure I have the bandwidth to be organising two point releases
over the next couple of weeks either, if I'm completely honest.

>  * We have some secure-boot related updates that have not yet
> filtered
>    through for buster and bullseye. We're working on stuff for
> bullseye
>    now, but buster may take a little bit longer yet. I'd prefer the
>    9th if possible.

ACK, thanks for the note / reminder.

Regards,

Adam