Package: debian-installer
Severity: normal

Dear maintainer,

when installing Debian, it's painful to size the partitions.  I want
them to be aligned with certain boundaries, and want them to have very
specific sizes (usually, multiples of 1 GiB), but the default
partitioning program doesn't allow that.  fdisk or gdisk provide a
much better way of specifying such things by allowing one to specify
initial sector and size in several formats.  Please add such semantics
to the default program, or include fdisk and gdisk in the installer.

I usually format disks from a live system with those tools, and later
run the installer on the formatted disk, because I hate how it formats
disks.

Thanks,

Alex

-- System Information:
Debian Release: bookworm/sid
  APT prefers unstable
  APT policy: (500, 'unstable'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Foreign Architectures: i386

Kernel: Linux 6.1.0-3-amd64 (SMP w/4 CPU threads; PREEMPT)
Locale: LANG=C.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=C.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8), LANGUAGE not set
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /usr/bin/dash
Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)
LSM: AppArmor: enabled