Control: tag -1 patch pending

Hi,

Cyril Brulebois <k...@debian.org> (2023-05-19):
> Maybe something like logo_debian.properties (or whatever name) with:
>
>     labelPosition=right
>     bannerExpands=right

I settled for a logo_installer.ini (logo_debian.ini for us, plus a
symlink via the Makefile, as it is done for the logo files themselves):

    [banner]
    # supported values: left, right
    label-position = right
    # supported values: left, right, both
    expand-direction = both

See: https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/rootskel-gtk/-/commit/306e00e96b

I'm not entirely the current expand-direction is the best for Bookworm:
 - Setting it to “right” would accentuate the strange rendering on the
   right (since repeating the last 1-px column hadn't been anticipated).
 - Setting it to “both” pushes “debian 12” towards the center without
   really centering it, so it could be considered less appealing than
   keeping in on the left.

> and having cdebconf-gtk deal with default settings (e.g. right for
> both). I'm not yet sure about whether it would make sense to support
> bannerExpands=both (probably doesn't cost much more, but would that
> look OK?).

cdebconf-gtk now defaults to right and both (respectively). This is
totally arbitrary, and as noted in the changelog: the theme should
provide an up-to-date metadata file so that we never have to touch
cdebconf's code (or default banner settings) again.

> I'm tempted to try and get that squeezed in finally (#745359 was
> almost 10 years ago, and the scaling trick was better than nothing,
> but clearly not ideal); we can always refine the format later on.

I'd call that mergeable at it is. I've pushed the cdebconf side directly
to master. Since rootskel-gtk's master branch contains old changes that
have never been uploaded to the archive, and since I don't feel like
taking responsibility for them at this stage, I've forked a bookworm
branch from the last tag, and plan on uploading to unstable from it.

Aurélien, please work within that branch if you have a chance to look
into #1036315 and #1036317. Feel free to tweak logo_installer.ini, I'm
happy to let you pick whatever you feel is best!

Cheers,
--
Cyril Brulebois (k...@debian.org)            <https://debamax.com/>