Hi

On 04-05-2024 3:36 p.m., Holger Wansing wrote:
I think Bastian's approach is, to remove kbd-chooser from the archive, since
it was stated (see below) that it's no longer in use.

It might be that udd assumes all packages that build a udeb are used.

d-i has switched away from it to console-setup 12 years ago with
https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/debian-installer/-/commit/2575a669e91252a6253430020137154c995c9b38

I did check the d-i repository and there are still references to kbd-chooser, so I *assumed* it was still used.

Are there any ports maybe, that still use it somehow?
Or what about derivatives?
It's an udeb-only package, so the use in the installer is the only imaginable
scenario...
If you're sure it's not used, I can work around udd and have it at least removed from testing. I think a bug retitle (or separate bug) would have been better. The current bug isn't RC.

Paul