clone 384248 -1
reassing -1 localechooser
retitle -1 localechooser: Should not overwrite console-cyrillic configuration
thanks

23 серпня 2006 о 10:03 +0200 Christian Perrier написав(-ла):
> > I selected Russian key-map during installation, but looks like Russian
> > font was not installed (or properly configured). Therefore, switching to
> > Russian in console via right-Ctrl - (this is another inconveniency -- I
> > hate this way of switching key maps, because I use right-Ctrl for typing
> > Ctrl+<some_key>) - gave me some fancy characters instead of Russian
> > letters on the screen. Also I couldn't read Russian text in UTF-8
> > encoding on console which should be UTF-8 enabled AFAIK.
did you also select Russian locale during installation?
Was console-cyrillic configured during installation? It should
ask about switch keys with right-Alt as default (but in installed system
it will be configured with Ctrl-Shift, due to bug).

I tried default installation in Russian (RF) in qemu with network off, and
console-cyrillic was installed. There was also dialogs displayed by
console-cyrillic after tasksel were I was able to select switch keys,
but those choices was later overwritten by localechooser's
finish-install. That was not a problem in earlier versions of d-i
because console-cyrillic was configured in second stage, after
finish-install (or how it was called). But now it is confusing.
localechooser should preseed console-cyrillic or do not try to change
it's configuration at all. This bug is probably reproducible with all
languages that have cyr=... in languagelist (Russian, Belarusian).

--
Eugeniy Meshcheryakov