retitle 434258 netinst needs `apt-key update`
thanks

Op 22-07-2007 om 10:48 schreef Nadim Shaikli:
> A netinst CD from June 13th (post etch release) wouldn't install a base
> system nor grub (various odd messages were noted - it wasn't very
> intuitive in what was going wrong).  After looking into the problem it
> turned out to be a GPG key issue.  After invoking a shell and doing a
> 'chroot /target' and 'apt-key update' (which required me to install
> the 'debian-archive-keyring' package) all worked as expected.

According http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Today
is not noticed in the past five weeks ...

> What needs to happen is that the debianinstaller (d-i) should really
> include 'apt-key update' as part of its "normal" install procedure to
> make sure that installations will always work irrespective of when GPG
> keys change.

I would like to do over two years a netinst without Internet access.
(in other words: I think `apt-key update` by default is not a good idea)

> BTW: someone should add 'd-i' as a package so that we can 'reportbug'
>      straight to the d-i developers.

FYI:  installation-reports goes straight to the d-i mailinglist.
  ('debian-installer' also )

Cheers
Geert Stappers