On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 11:12:35AM +1100, matthew green wrote:
>    A usable Debian GNU/KNetBSD system based on Glibc is now available:
>

> so... can someone explain what the plan is for deb/netbsd wrt libc?
>
> ie, will there be 2 systems one that is compatible with netbsd (ie
> that people can upgrade to, run normal netbsd apps, etc) and one that
> isn't (ie, glibc) ?  or will the binary compatible debian/netbsd die
> now that glibc version has arrived?

I would like to point out to you that you can retain binary
compatibility. I did it with FreeBSD by moving the libraries into a
different directory (/libfbsd and /usr/libfbsd). A very trivial hack to
the dynamic linker, and native binaries work fine, even in /usr/bin.

Alternatively, you can always have a chroot. That's not at all
difficult. With FreeBSD, it's possible to install one using a shell
script that's right on the installation media.

        ---Nathan