Hi Thomas,

On 08/07/14 13:58, Thomas Martin wrote:
> Is there any way to use heartbeat/pacemaker on Debian GNU/kFreeBSD ?
> I tried to compile it unsuccessfully (because of this dependencies
> which I'm not able to compile; for example: cluster-glue).

It looked viable to get heartbeat working, but the chain of reverse-deps
would need to be ported one-by-one.

> I know I could use CARP but with it it's possible to have active
> resources on nodeA and on ondeB at the same time even with preempt
> enable... I must avoid that situation at all price.

During the switchover, yes I think there's a chance of this.  Or if the
CARP nodes are temporarily unable to communicate with each other they
may both try to go active at once.

> NB: output of cluster-glue's compilation (I delete iproute and
> iputils-ping from build-depends):
> ipcsocket.c: In function 'socket_verify_auth':
> ipcsocket.c:2569:3: error: #error "No credential type found!"

Yes I saw the same thing.

We don't have FreeBSD's getpeereid because that's implemented in their
libc.  We do have ucred capabilities though, which have been used in the
past, see http://people.debian.org/~jcristau/kbsd-peercred.diff

A similar approach might work here, but will require a bit of someone's
time and skill.  After that I don't know how much more porting work
would be still needed or if we hit a more difficult problem later.

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain
ste...@pyro.eu.org