Your message dated Sun, 16 Oct 2016 11:34:10 +0000
with message-id <e1bvjhi-0002cs...@franck.debian.org>
and subject line Bug#800110: fixed in dgit 2.0
has caused the Debian Bug report #800110,
regarding dgit does not a source-only upload as requested
to be marked as done.
This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.
(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact ow...@bugs.debian.org
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact ow...@bugs.debian.org with problems
--- Begin Message ---
I just managed to do my first "dgit push" based upload - yey \o/
Unfortunately the .changes file happened to include binaries I earlier
built with sbuild even though my workflow was as follows:
$ dgit -wdd sbuild -d unstable
$ dgit build-source
$ dgit push
The man page for "dgit build-source" talks about "source-only upload"s
so I was surprised that when I looked at the .changes file that got
uploaded, it said "Architecture: all amd64 source" and included amd64
Why does this happen and how should I do a proper source-only upload as
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
dgit, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive.
A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed. If you
have further comments please address them to 800...@bugs.debian.org,
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.
Debian distribution maintenance software
Ian Jackson <ijack...@chiark.greenend.org.uk> (supplier of updated dgit package)
(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing ftpmas...@ftp-master.debian.org)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 12:12:50 +0100
Binary: dgit dgit-infrastructure
Architecture: all source
Maintainer: Ian Jackson <ijack...@chiark.greenend.org.uk>
Changed-By: Ian Jackson <ijack...@chiark.greenend.org.uk>
Closes: 796773 800054 800060 800078 800110 809516 827878 827892 829121 833025
834618 834807 835858 838718
dgit - git interoperability with the Debian archive
dgit-infrastructure - dgit server backend infrastructure
dgit (2.0) unstable; urgency=low
* dgit sbuild: does not pass -A to sbuild. Consequently the default
build is now simply sbuild's default. With older sbuilds it was
possible to override dgit's -A by passing another option. But this
has been changed recently and now this default setting is very awkward
to change for the dgit user.
* dgit gbp-build: Make --quilt=gbp the default. (See below.)
* New tag format (for dgit view) archive/debian/VERSION.
Major new feature:
* --quilt=gbp, --quilt=dpm, --quilt=unpacked: Introduce facility for
split view (dgit/mainiainer view), to improve compatibility with some
New checks and improved behaviours in dgit:
* When running dpkg-buildpackage, cope if user specified -g or -G.
* dgit sbuild: check that the set of .changes files found is as we
expect, before calling mergechanges. Re:#800060.
* dgit sbuild: Rename the used-up .changes files to `.inmulti' to
avoid accidental use of the wrong one (by software, or by users).
* dgit sbuild: Check that the binary .changes file doesn't contain a
* Introduce --rm-old-changes to delete previous builds' changes files.
* Remove any pre-existing _source.changes file before building source,
as a safety check.
* No longer tolerate a multitude of .changes files when doing push.
Instead, insist on a single one. Closes:#800110.
* dgit sbuild no longer deletes extranious .changes files; instead
we rely on --rm-old-changes, or failing that, fail early.
* When doing quilt linearisation, treat upstream .gitignores not
in the toplevel the same way we treat ones in the toplevel.
* When automatically generating quilt patch, honour GIT_COMMITTER_DATE
for filename creation (makes filename deterministic in test suite).
* New --overwrite option, replaces need to for user to use
git merge -s ours. Closes:#838718.
* When generating quilt patches from git commits, make patches that
look quite like git-format-patch output (rather than strange things
based on an obselete interpretation of DEP-3).
* When generating quilt patches from git commits, honour (and strip)
any Gbp-Pq headers (that we understand).
* Several dgit-generated commits now have slightly better annotations
from dgit about what it was doing.
* Before committing to push, check that .dsc and .changes correspond.
* Better error message if non-split-brain patch stack no longer
applies (due to new upstream version, or user messing with it).
* Better error message if HEAD contains changes unrepresentable
by `3.0 (quilt)'. Closes:#834618.
* Much better error message when HEAD and .dsc do not match.
* dgit-repos-policy-debian: Better error handling.
* dgit-repos-policy-debian.: fix git-cat-file-handling with multiple
taints in db (!).
* dgit-infrastructure has, and uses, its own copies of the perl modules.
This avoids introducing a versioned dependency between dgit and
dgit-infrastructure (and also makes it easier to test cross-version
* Document the dgit-distro.DISTRO.quilt-mode config setting.
* Clarify the --clean= options' documentation. Closes:#800054.
* Discourage use of the --PROGRAM:OPTION escape hatch. (Apropos
of various bug reports including #800060 and #833025.)
* Document the expected form of HEAD for each --quilt= mode.
* When cleaning up after failed clone, stat the to-be-cleaned-up
directory before running rmtree on it. Closes:#796773.
* Do not call "warn" on failure of cleanup handler in END block
(since warn has been made fatal and aborts the cleanup chain).
* Print better error message (with `fail' rather than `die') if
`dgit clone' cannot create the destination directory.
* Properly substitute $changesfile in one of the `You can retry'
* Pass --ch:* and -v options to dpkg-buildpackage when building
source. Fixes bad Perl poetry syntax. Closes:#829121.
* When synthesing a commit from a .dsc from the archive, stop
internal git reset from printing a confusing message about HEAD.
* Turn off git gc in the private working areas.
* Do not fail to do some important quilt processing in some
* Fix two calls to chdir without proper error checking.
* Fix a couple of bugs in error reporting.
* Fix several bugs in .orig detection/recognition.
* Tidy up refs/dgit-fetch/ after dgit fetch (if successful).
* Fix handling of in-archive copies.
* Don't break if user has push.followTags=true. Closes:#827878.
* Arrange for the special dgit remote to be skipped by git fetch --all
etc. And no longer configure a fetch spec, since it won't work
* Allow local git config options to override user-global ones,
as is proper. Closes:#835858.
* When generating patch filenames from titles, first transliterate
them (lossily) to ascii. Closes:#834807.
* When sbuild fails, do not crash due to sed not finding the log
file. Instead, simply tolerate the absence of the log file.
* Put --no-arch-all in build-modes-sbuild act, not only its real_act.
Cosmetic change only.
* Set GIT_COMMITTER_DATE and GIT_AUTHOR_DATE and increment them
explicitly in drs-push-rejects test. This avoids date dependencies
which can cause that test to fail on fast computers.
* Remove some spurios .debs from the example_1.0.tar.
* Increase sqlite_busy_timeout in debpolicy-dbretry, because old
zealot is very slow and we need to give the other processes time
to rollback and release the lock.
* Test quilt single-debian-patch.
* Provide `tartree-edit gitfetchinfo' etc. to help with comparing
different test case git working tree tarballs.
* Test dgit-repos-policy-debian with multiple (identical, as it happens)
* Provide better log output for certain failures.
* Many new tests (especially for new functionality).
* Add missing debhelper (>=8) to test suite's global Depends.
* tstunt arrangements: Fix mishandling of PERLLIB, etc.
* tstunt-parsechangelog: Produce Timestamp field (like official one
* Do not fail when git requires --allow-unrelated-histories.
ee8d01fdd0c738eaa8cb6e5e2119a14231c67ca1 1283 dgit_2.0.dsc
7e2e0cf4ecde5c3466d821aff414efb97f90c315 341103 dgit_2.0.tar.gz
608f3fc831f5d5c338b995b85f19300030cfb06b 39352 dgit-infrastructure_2.0_all.deb
b096a88d8fb9262065d79d8d5eba489c2e53cc16 79030 dgit_2.0_all.deb
29ad75b33a518bea326653d16d1ba2b3 1283 devel optional dgit_2.0.dsc
db0216e966ee899de37b02c543a9ef40 341103 devel optional dgit_2.0.tar.gz
3ec8eadc1d11767e0cdbccf99d2ec80f 39352 devel extra
85986a70c88c847f466aabd96c7e185a 79030 devel optional dgit_2.0_all.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
--- End Message ---