Your message dated Fri, 23 Feb 2018 22:40:18 +0000
with message-id <21ee6e96-1701-530d-903b-b95360b65...@debian.org>
and subject line Re: Bug#890918: Re (2): Bug#890918: mpv produces the image 
with numerous complaints.
has caused the Debian Bug report #890918,
regarding mpv produces the image with numerous complaints.
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact ow...@bugs.debian.org
immediately.)


-- 
890918: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=890918
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact ow...@bugs.debian.org with problems
--- Begin Message ---
Package: mpv
Version: 0.23.0-2+deb9u2
Severity: normal
Tags: upstream

Dear Maintainer,

   * What led up to the situation?
     Display of output from a Logitech camera
     M/N: V-U0006
     P/N: 860-000177
     PID: LZ944BN
   * What exactly did you do (or not do) that was effective (or ineffective)?
      Connected USB and executed "mpv tv:// --tv-device=/dev/video0"
      on two similar systems, imager and dalton.  Transcripts appended.
      Note the differences from the same procedure on two almost idential 
      systems.  Eg. 
      [tv]  Current format: YUYV
      versus
      [tv]  Current format: MJPEG
   * What was the outcome of this action?
       The images appeared with numerous complaints. Eg. 
       [tv] ioctl enum norm failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device
       [tv] Error: Cannot set norm!
   * What outcome did you expect instead?
       A concise and tidy report to the terminal with no complaints, errors or 
warnings.
       In the present state, the software is not good release quality.
       
-- System Information:
Debian Release: 9.3
  APT prefers stable
  APT policy: (900, 'stable')
Architecture: i386 (i686)

Kernel: Linux 4.9.0-3-686-pae (SMP w/1 CPU core)
Locale: LANG=en_CA.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_CA.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8), 
LANGUAGE=en_CA:en (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)

Versions of packages mpv depends on:
ii  libasound2                              1.1.3-5
ii  libass5                                 1:0.13.4-2
ii  libavcodec57                            7:3.2.10-1~deb9u1
ii  libavdevice57                           7:3.2.10-1~deb9u1
ii  libavfilter6                            7:3.2.10-1~deb9u1
ii  libavformat57                           7:3.2.10-1~deb9u1
ii  libavutil55                             7:3.2.10-1~deb9u1
ii  libbluray1                              1:0.9.3-3
ii  libc6                                   2.24-11+deb9u1
ii  libcdio-cdda1                           0.83-4.3+b1
ii  libcdio-paranoia1                       0.83-4.3+b1
ii  libcdio13                               0.83-4.3+b1
ii  libdrm2                                 2.4.74-1
ii  libdvdnav4                              5.0.3-3
ii  libdvdread4                             5.0.3-2
ii  libegl1-mesa [libegl1-x11]              13.0.6-1+b2
ii  libgbm1                                 13.0.6-1+b2
ii  libgl1-mesa-glx [libgl1]                13.0.6-1+b2
ii  libjack-jackd2-0 [libjack-0.125]        1.9.10+20150825git1ed50c92~dfsg-5
ii  libjpeg62-turbo                         1:1.5.1-2
ii  liblcms2-2                              2.8-4
ii  liblua5.2-0                             5.2.4-1.1+b2
ii  libpulse0                               10.0-1+deb9u1
ii  librubberband2                          1.8.1-7
ii  libsdl2-2.0-0                           2.0.5+dfsg1-2
ii  libsmbclient                            2:4.5.12+dfsg-2+deb9u1
ii  libsndio6.1                             1.1.0-3
ii  libswresample2                          7:3.2.10-1~deb9u1
ii  libswscale4                             7:3.2.10-1~deb9u1
ii  libv4l-0                                1.12.3-1
ii  libva-drm1                              1.7.3-2
ii  libva-wayland1                          1.7.3-2
ii  libva-x11-1                             1.7.3-2
ii  libva1                                  1.7.3-2
ii  libvdpau1                               1.1.1-6
ii  libwayland-client0                      1.12.0-1
ii  libwayland-cursor0                      1.12.0-1
ii  libwayland-egl1-mesa [libwayland-egl1]  13.0.6-1+b2
ii  libx11-6                                2:1.6.4-3
ii  libxext6                                2:1.3.3-1+b2
ii  libxinerama1                            2:1.1.3-1+b3
ii  libxkbcommon0                           0.7.1-2~deb9u1
ii  libxrandr2                              2:1.5.1-1
ii  libxss1                                 1:1.2.2-1
ii  libxv1                                  2:1.0.11-1
ii  zlib1g                                  1:1.2.8.dfsg-5

Versions of packages mpv recommends:
ii  xdg-utils   1.1.1-1
ii  youtube-dl  2017.05.18.1-1

mpv suggests no packages.

-- no debconf information

peter@imager:~$ mpv tv://  --tv-device=/dev/video0
Playing: tv://
[tv] Selected driver: v4l2
[tv]  name: Video 4 Linux 2 input
[tv] your device driver does not support VIDIOC_G_STD ioctl, VIDIOC_G_PARM was 
used instead.
[tv] Selected device: UVC Camera (046d:0807)
[tv]  Capabilities:  video capture  read/write  streaming
[tv]  supported norms:
[tv]  inputs: 0 = Camera 1;
[tv]  Current input: 0
[tv]  Current format: YUYV
[tv] tv.c: norm_from_string(pal): Bogus norm parameter, setting default.
[tv] ioctl enum norm failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device
[tv] Error: Cannot set norm!
[tv] Selected input hasn't got a tuner!
[tv] ioctl set mute failed: Invalid argument
[tv] ioctl query control failed: Invalid argument
 (+) Video --vid=1 (rawvideo)
[vo/opengl] At least OpenGL 2.1 or OpenGL ES 2.0 required.
libva info: VA-API version 0.39.4
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/i915_drv_video.so
libva info: va_openDriver() returns -1
libvdpau-va-gl: Device::Resource::Resource(): gl error 1280
[vo/vdpau] Error when calling vdp_device_create_x11: 25
[vo/xv] Warning: this legacy VO has bad quality and performance, and will in 
particular result in blurry OSD and subtitles. You should fix your graphics 
drivers, or not force the xv VO.
Using conversion filter.
[ffmpeg] swscaler: Warning: data is not aligned! This can lead to a speedloss
VO: [xv] 640x480 yuyv422
V: 00:00:00
Invalid video timestamp: 0.000000 -> 0.000000
V: 00:00:00
[vo/xv] X11 can't keep up! Waiting for XShm completion events...
libv4l2: error dequeuing buf: Invalid argument

[tv] VIDIOC_DQBUF failed: Invalid argument
libv4l2: error dequeuing buf: Invalid argument
[tv] VIDIOC_DQBUF failed: Invalid argument
libv4l2: error dequeuing buf: Invalid argument
[tv] VIDIOC_DQBUF failed: Invalid argument
libv4l2: error dequeuing buf: Invalid argument
[tv] VIDIOC_DQBUF failed: Invalid argument
libv4l2: error dequeuing buf: Invalid argument
[tv] VIDIOC_DQBUF failed: Invalid argument
libv4l2: error dequeuing buf: Invalid argument
[tv] VIDIOC_DQBUF failed: Invalid argument
[tv] ioctl set mute failed: Invalid argument
[tv] 300 frames successfully processed, 47 frames dropped.


Exiting... (Quit)
peter@imager:~$ 

peter@dalton:~$ mpv tv:// --tv-device=/dev/video1
Playing: tv://
[tv] Selected driver: v4l2
[tv]  name: Video 4 Linux 2 input
[tv] your device driver does not support VIDIOC_G_STD ioctl, VIDIOC_G_PARM was 
used instead.
[tv] Selected device: UVC Camera (046d:0807)
[tv]  Capabilities:  video capture  read/write  streaming
[tv]  supported norms:
[tv]  inputs: 0 = Camera 1;
[tv]  Current input: 0
[tv]  Current format: MJPEG
[tv] tv.c: norm_from_string(pal): Bogus norm parameter, setting default.
[tv] ioctl enum norm failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device
[tv] Error: Cannot set norm!
[tv] Selected input hasn't got a tuner!
[tv] ioctl set mute failed: Invalid argument
[tv] ioctl query control failed: Invalid argument
 (+) Video --vid=1 (rawvideo)
VO: [opengl] 640x480 yuv420p
libv4l2: error dequeuing buf: Invalid argument

[tv] VIDIOC_DQBUF failed: Invalid argument
libv4l2: error dequeuing buf: Invalid argument
[tv] VIDIOC_DQBUF failed: Invalid argument
libv4l2: error dequeuing buf: Invalid argument
[tv] VIDIOC_DQBUF failed: Invalid argument
libv4l2: error dequeuing buf: Invalid argument
[tv] VIDIOC_DQBUF failed: Invalid argument
libv4l2: error dequeuing buf: Invalid argument
[tv] VIDIOC_DQBUF failed: Invalid argument
libv4l2: error dequeuing buf: Invalid argument
[tv] VIDIOC_DQBUF failed: Invalid argument
[tv] ioctl set mute failed: Invalid argument
[tv] 219 frames successfully processed, 441 frames dropped.


Exiting... (Quit)
peter@dalton:~$ 

-- 

123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789
Tel: +1 360 639 0202                      Pender Is.: +1 250 629 3757
http://easthope.ca/Peter.html              Bcc: peter at easthope. ca

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Hi,

On 21/02/18 17:21, pe...@easthope.ca wrote:
> From: James Cowgill <jcowg...@debian.org>
> Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 10:28:30 +0000
>> You tagged the bug "upstream". This tag usually means that the bug is
>> known to be in upstream mpv. How do you know this?
> 
> My intended meaning was that the report probably has relevance 
> outside Debian.  So I misunderstood the use of the upstream tag.
> 
>> I don't know what "imager" and "dalton" mean. Do they have identical
>> versions of mpv and identical kernels (probably the 2 most important
>> bits here)?
> 
> Dalton has an Asus badge and a Foxcon system board.
> Imager is a Dell Dimension 2400. Both have stock debian 9 with package 
> installation by routine application of apt-get and aptitude.  Imager has 
> some configuration files not in dalton.
> 
>> Does ffmpeg's v4l2 support work better?
>>  mpv -v av://v4l2:/dev/video0
> 
> Much better.  For dalton, the textual output is almost all green with a few 
> lines in white.  Red text appears only when the live video window 
> is closed to exit.  For imager, a few lines are problematic.
>   ...
> [vo/opengl] At least OpenGL 2.1 or OpenGL ES 2.0 required.
>   ...
> [vo/vdpau] Error when calling vdp_device_create_x11: 25
>   ...
> [vo/xv] Warning: this legacy VO has bad quality and performance, ...
>   ...
> [cplayer] Invalid video timestamp: 1.221889 -> -4167.930372
> 
> Is an opengl dependancy not provided?

It is. From the log, Mesa is only reporting support for OpenGL 1.3, not
2.1. Probably your graphics hardware doesn't have the capabilities to
support newer OpenGL versions.

> VO = Video Output ?  mpv wants a better display?

Yes VO = Video output. Using OpenGL is the preferred option, but if that
fails, mpv will fallback to slower output methods. The XV driver uses
XVideo which can do some 2D hardware acceleration, but it's usually much
slower than OpenGL.

> The system clock is right.  What is the problem in the timestamp?

This isn't to do with your system clock. The timestamp comes from ffmpeg
and is used for ordering frames, synchronization, etc. mpv complains if
the timestamp goes backwards while playing because this should be
impossible! I'm not sure what's wrong here, but it's probably not mpv's
fault.

> Actually I tried "mpv -v --display=:0 av://v4l2:/dev/video0", learned 
> that "--display=:0" isn't accepted and fell back to invocation from 
> an LXTerminal.
> 
>> Does your webcam actually play in mpv? Is it just the log messages that
>> bother you?
> 
> Live video was always produced but the messages raised suspicion that 
> output was sub-optimal.  So the messages were the primary concern. 
> But really I wasn't using mpv as currently intended.
> 
> Transcripts follow.  The questions above are my only immediate concerns.  
> If you decide to close the report, I have no objection.  Next will return  
> to a Hauppauge frame grabber.

Ok I'll close the bug then. You can reopen the bug (or file a new one)
if you have any more problems.

Thanks,
James

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature


--- End Message ---

Reply via email to