Your message dated Sun, 13 Sep 2026 08:26:55 +0200
with message-id <aqZCLAILR9q73iT4@fenchel>
and subject line Re: Bug#998691: taskwarrior: loses tasks added when "task 
edit" was running
has caused the Debian Bug report #998691,
regarding taskwarrior: loses tasks added when "task edit" was running
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact [email protected]
immediately.)


-- 
998691: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=998691
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact [email protected] with problems
--- Begin Message ---
Package: taskwarrior
Version: 2.6.1+dfsg-1

I was "task edit"ing a task, but I got distracted, "task add"ed another task, went back to the editor, saved and exited. Taskwarrior modified the task I was editing, as expected, but it also lost the other task I added. :-(

Here's how to reproduce it:

   $ task add foo
   Created task 1.

   $ EDITOR="sleep 1000; sed -i -e s/foo/FOO/" task edit foo &
   [1] 681
   Launching 'sleep 1000; sed -i -e s/foo/FOO/ "task.efd5dc74.task"' now...

   $ task add bar
   Created task 2.

   $ task

   ID Age   Description Urg
    1 12s   foo            0
    2  1s   bar            0
2 tasks

   $ pkill sleep && fg
   Terminated
   EDITOR="sleep 1000; sed -i -e s/foo/FOO/" task edit foo
   Editing complete.
   Edits were detected.
   Description modified.
$ task ID Age Description Urg
    1 19s   FOO            0
1 task
   Recently upgraded to 2.6.0. Please run 'task news' to read higlights about 
the new release.

Note that the "bar" task has disappeared.


-- System Information:
Architecture: i386

Versions of packages taskwarrior depends on:
ii  libc6        2.32-4
ii  libgcc-s1    11.2.0-10
ii  libgnutls30  3.7.2-2
ii  libstdc++6   11.2.0-10
ii  libuuid1     2.37.2-4

--
Jakub Wilk

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Hi Jakub,

* Jakub Wilk <[email protected]> [2021-11-06 16:30]:
Package: taskwarrior
Version: 2.6.1+dfsg-1

I was "task edit"ing a task, but I got distracted, "task add"ed another task, went back to the editor, saved and exited. Taskwarrior modified the task I was editing, as expected, but it also lost the other task I added. :-(

Here's how to reproduce it:

  $ task add foo
  Created task 1.

  $ EDITOR="sleep 1000; sed -i -e s/foo/FOO/" task edit foo &
  [1] 681
  Launching 'sleep 1000; sed -i -e s/foo/FOO/ "task.efd5dc74.task"' now...

  $ task add bar
  Created task 2.

  $ task

  ID Age   Description Urg
   1 12s   foo            0
   2  1s   bar            0
  2 tasks

  $ pkill sleep && fg
  Terminated
  EDITOR="sleep 1000; sed -i -e s/foo/FOO/" task edit foo
  Editing complete.
  Edits were detected.
  Description modified.
  $ task
  ID Age   Description Urg
   1 19s   FOO            0
  1 task
  Recently upgraded to 2.6.0. Please run 'task news' to read higlights about 
the new release.

Note that the "bar" task has disappeared.

I can no longer reproduce this with taskwarrior 3.5.0+dfsg-1 in Debian unstable and assume this was fixed with the new sqlite file format in version 3. Thus closing.

Cheers Jochen

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature


--- End Message ---

Reply via email to