Your message dated Tue, 15 Sep 2026 22:35:17 +0200
with message-id <[email protected]>
and subject line Closing the bug report
has caused the Debian Bug report #962797,
regarding gnome-shell-extension-prefs not installed by default, so gear icon 
inactive
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact [email protected]
immediately.)


-- 
962797: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=962797
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact [email protected] with problems
--- Begin Message ---
Package: gnome-shell-extension-prefs
Version: 3.36.3-1
Severity: normal

Dear Maintainer,

I have standard Debian installation -- installed from scratch stable
distribution, upgraded to testing.

I was unable to go into preferences of any extension.
So I run from terminal  gnome-tweaks to see errors.

Error was:

execute_subprocess -- gnome-shell-extensions-prefs


Then I did:

apt-cache search gnome extension prefs

and found   gnome-shell-extensions-prefs.
Installed that and gear icons work like a charm.

I think novice Debian user will have problem working around this.



-- System Information:
Debian Release: bullseye/sid
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (500, 'testing')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)

Kernel: Linux 5.6.0-2-amd64 (SMP w/4 CPU cores)
Kernel taint flags: TAINT_FIRMWARE_WORKAROUND
Locale: LANG=pl_PL.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=pl_PL.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8), LANGUAGE=pl_PL.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /usr/bin/dash
Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)
LSM: AppArmor: enabled

Versions of packages gnome-shell-extension-prefs depends on:
ii  gnome-shell         3.36.3-1
ii  gnome-shell-common  3.36.3-1

Versions of packages gnome-shell-extension-prefs recommends:
ii  chrome-gnome-shell  10.1-5

gnome-shell-extension-prefs suggests no packages.

-- no debconf information

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Hello,

gnome-shell-extension-prefs is only a virtual package now, so I think it is safe to close this bug report.

If you have any more problems, please open a new report.

Thanks,
Dawid Kulas

--- End Message ---

Reply via email to