On 1 December 2016 at 17:13, Sascha Steinbiss <sa...@debian.org> wrote:
> Yes, I see your point and agree that having 3.2 in testing in time for
> the freeze is a priority. What do you think about the following course
> of action: get 3.2 into testing now, and after the (soft? full?) stretch
> freeze we upload a split-hyperscan package for the version that is
> current at that time?

Just uploaded 3.2-1 to unstable.

With the freezes to come, migration to testing will be more
complicated until the release.
Perhaps the sensible way to go is to wait until the Stretch release to
introduce the change.

If a RC bug happens in testing during the freeze, we should be able to
quickly fix it in unstable with no additional changes.
Otherwise the package may be dropped from stretch/testing.
We must avoid this extreme situation.

> I will keep the split-hyperscan versions up-to-date with the official
> state of unstable/jessie-backports anyway (to be used internally by my
> organization). So I wouldn't expect the final effort to introduce the
> split package into Debian to be too bad.

Do you have commit access to the pkg-suricata git repo?
If so, you could push a branch there.

Beware that your current branch contains a lot of changes we don't
need (ie, cleanups of your own commits).
Please, push only the changes we are talking about (may require you to
manually merge some commits before pushing to pkg-suricata)
If you want, I can myself migrate the changes form your repo to pkg-suricata.

Reply via email to