On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 11:05:49AM +0530, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> > Thanks! It doesn't solve the configuration issue - it still gets
> > stuck on the postgres stuff for some reason - but at least it doesn't
> > leave a package in a very broken state.
> I will try to upload the fix today. I have seen postgres errors related
> to system locale. If system locale does not support UTF-8, I think
> postgres installation fails. Can you try to purge postgres* and set
> system locale to one with UTF-8 support (like en_IN.UTF-8), you'll need
> to reboot for locale change to reflect. Then reinstall diaspora.
It turns out that the postgres issue was for a different reason: I had
initially selected mysql, then tried changing to postgres. But for
some reason, which I don't fully understand, lots of the mysql
settings were maintained. I don't now remember whether I did a full
purge of diaspora-related stuff, but even if I did, there is another
bug I've reported relating to the non-purging of dbconfig-common
I think that in its current state, the diaspora packages should be
kept out of testing/stretch, as they are quite a long way from being
There are also a few settings in diaspora.yml which need configuring
to the site needs (for example, it should be run in 'production'
rather than 'development' mode, and the site URL needs putting in the
YAML file, from memory).
> > If you're doing a new upload anyway, and it's easy, perhaps you could
> > use the latest upstream version (6.2.0 I think it is)?
> It will need updating many dependencies
> If more hands are there to help, we will be able to complete it faster :)
Ah, I see. So that will have to wait. I think there was a security
update 0.6.0.1, which might be compatible?
P.S. PLEASE NOTE that I have changed my email address; it is now:
If you have any problems with this email address, please let me know
on my old address: j...@polya.uklinux.net