* Package name : python3-aioopenssl
Version : v0.3.1
Upstream Author : Jonas Wielicki <jo...@wielicki.name>
* URL : https://github.com/horazont/aioopenssl
* License : Apache
Programming Lang: Python
Description : OpenSSL transport for asyncio
aioopenssl provides a asyncio Transport which uses PyOpenSSL
instead of the built-in ssl module.
The transport has two main advantages compared to the original:
- The TLS handshake can be deferred by passing
use_starttls=True and later calling the starttls() coroutine
- This is useful for protocols with a STARTTLS feature.
- A coroutine can be called during the TLS handshake; this can
be used to defer the certificate check to a later point,
allowing e.g. to get user feedback before the starttls()
This allows to ask users for certificate trust without the
application layer protocol interfering or starting to
communicate with the unverified peer.