On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 11:51:07PM +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:
> > I will upload a new upstream version to sid containing the workaround
> > for the test failures.  I will leave this bug open, but will reduce the
> > severity to 'normal'.  In a subsequent upload, I will apply a patch to
> > implement sd_notify and will resolve the bug.  Please feel free to send
> > a patch if you don't want to wait however long it'll take for me to get
> > around to putting one together.
> Please don't apply this hack. If you don't want to fix this properly to
> get a (newer) version into testing, please just disable the test for the
> time being.

If we don't test it, it can't be broken, right?

> It's great that the autopkgtest suite unconvered a real issue.
> Let's not mutilate the test suite.

I think the test suite with the workaround in place has more value than
the suite with this test completely disabled.  If the service never
becomes available, the test with the workaround will still detect the
situation, which is exactly what it's there for.


Reply via email to