Control: found -1 python-blockbuster/1.5.27-1 Hi again!
The new upstream version of python-blockbuster still fails to build from source when compiled against python 3.15 [1]. I had sent a PR last week [2] with one possible solution (also attached to this bug). Upstream didn't like my proposal and instead sent a PR to python-forbiddenfruit, as they claim that the problem is in that package [3]. However, after applying the proposed patch to python-forbiddenfruit in the sandbox, I found that python-blockbuster *still* failed to build and my patch was still necessary. Thus, I am not convinced that python-forbiddenfruit needs to be patched. On top of this, the latest upstream version required adding a new item to can_block_functions for `<frozen linecache>`. This likely needs to be sent upstream as well. I have applied the proposed fixes in the sandbox to be able to build the packages that depend on python-blockbuster, please consider applying the patches to support the upcoming 3.15 version. Happy hacking, [1]: https://debusine.debian.net/debian/r-python-python3.15/artifact/4526937/ [2]: https://github.com/cbornet/blockbuster/pull/71 [3]: https://github.com/clarete/forbiddenfruit/pull/86/changes -- "Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?" -- Sun Tzu Saludos /\/\ /\ >< `/
Description: Allow os.stat in <frozen linecache> on Python 3.15+ In Python 3.15, linecache is a frozen module. Add <frozen linecache> to the list of allowed call sites for os.stat to prevent false-positive BlockingError during traceback inspection and logging formatting. Author: Maximiliano Curia <[email protected]> Forwarded: https://github.com/cbornet/blockbuster --- a/blockbuster/blockbuster.py +++ b/blockbuster/blockbuster.py @@ -316,6 +316,7 @@ can_block_functions=[ ("<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", {"_find_and_load"}), ("linecache.py", {"checkcache", "updatecache"}), + ("<frozen linecache>", {"checkcache", "updatecache"}), ("coverage/control.py", {"_should_trace"}), ("coverage/python.py", {"get_python_source"}), ("asyncio/unix_events.py", {"create_unix_server", "_stop_serving"}),

