Hi Aurelien,

On Sat, Sep 12, 2026 at 03:31:31PM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> On 2026-08-26 20:59, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> > Hi,
> > 
> > On 2026-08-26 09:59, Salvatore Bonaccorso wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > 
> > > On Mon, Aug 24, 2026 at 01:46:45PM -0400, Andres Salomon wrote:
> > > > Hi,
> > > > 
> > > > Chromium has been carrying patches to make it work with 
> > > > llvm-toolchain-19,
> > > > and I've uploaded llvm-toolchain-22 to stable-proposed-updates (and 
> > > > pochu
> > > > already uploaded llvm-toolchain-22 to oldstable-pu and oldoldstable-pu) 
> > > > in
> > > > order to be able to drop those patches as well as use a newer rustc. I
> > > > didn't realize (mea culpa) that I needed to ask for an exception from 
> > > > the
> > > > wanna-build team in order to have security buildds use packages from 
> > > > s-pu.
> > > > Can we please have an exception for llvm-toolchain-22 in s-pu for the
> > > > security buildds? llvm-toolchain-22 only supports static linking, so
> > > > anything that builds against it shouldn't end up with any binary package
> > > > dependencies on libc++1(-19/-22) or anything like that.
> > > > 
> > > > Note that I have a pending security update (151.0.7922.173-1~deb13u1) 
> > > > that
> > > > was already uploading and build-deps on llvm-toolchain-22. The 
> > > > equivalent
> > > > bookworm-security (deb12u1) release already built, but the 
> > > > trixie-security
> > > > version is still being given back on the security buildds due to lack of
> > > > llvm-toolchain-22. So there is a bit of urgency in getting either an 
> > > > ACK or
> > > > NACK to this request.
> > > 
> > > We are not sure if that felt through the cracks, and excuse if the
> > > ping follows too shortly (I realize it is only two days passing).
> > > 
> > > I see two options, eithr stable-proposed-updates is enabled for
> > > security builds temporarily until chromium is done (I guess we should
> > > not have it longer, vs. as we discussed for -updates).
> > 
> > I have just done the change to enable stable-proposed-updates for 
> > security builds in the buildd configuration (pending puppet 
> > propagation). Sorry for the delay.
> 
> Now that the 13.7 point release is out, do we still need this change or 
> can it be reverted?

Please revert it for now, so that we do not accidentially pick up a
dependency from stable-proposed-updates.

Regards,
Salvatore

Reply via email to