On 2026-09-19 10:58 -0000, Helmut Grohne wrote:
Source: dewalls
Severity: important
User: [email protected]
Usertags: sidremove

Dear maintainer,

I suggest removing dewalls from Debian for the following reasons:
* It accumulated one RC-bug:
  + #1101847: dewalls: FTBFS: error while loading shared libraries: 
libdewalls.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Last modified: 1 year, 1 month

Ah. I had forgotten about that. It's a silly bug caused by changes in QBS. The 
package was just fine before. It should probably be reassigned to QBS.
But I have failed to follow-up.

* It is not part of trixie or forky and is not a key package.

dewalls is a pre-requiste for cavewhere, which I have been packaging
for about 8 years now, which would be a very worthwhile addition. If I
was more diligent it would all be done by now. I have been very slack
on the Debian front this year. (mostly because the wife wants me to
get the heat-pump install done, and I've had probate stuff to deal
with - Debian has got squeezed out the bottom of the tod-do list.).

I realy should make an effort to get the remaining bits in before it's too late 
for the next stable.

This bug serves as a pre-removal warning. After one month, the bug will be
reassigned to ftp.debian.org to actually request removal of the package.

In case the package should be kept in unstable, please evaluate each of the
RC-bugs listed above.
* If the bug is meant to permanently prevent the package from entering testing
  or a stable release, but this package should stay part of unstable, please
  add a usertag:

      user [email protected]
      usertags NNN + sidremove-ignore

* If the bug no longer applies, please close it. If it is closed, check
  whether the fixed version is correct and adjust if necessary.

* Is the bug really release-critical? If not, please downgrade.

* If the bug still applies, please send a status update at least once a year.

Once all of the mentioned RC bugs have been acted upon in one way or another,
please close this bug.

OK. will do.

Wookey
--
Principal hats:  Wookware, Debian
http://wookware.org/
Matrix: @wookey:matrix.org

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

Reply via email to