> Debian package python3-pam is incompatible with radicale. This is
> considered an upstream issue of low importance: directly accessing PAM
> is discouraged, safer methods exist, including a tested, packaged and
> documented method via apache2 authnz-external module.
>
No dispute. Judging from the activity on this bug, I'm probably the only person 
whom this will ever affect, so you can probaly close under "user educated."

> Debian radicale package does not imply that it works with PAM.
>
All I can say is that it wasn't obvious to me that it _wouldn't_ work until I 
did some research.  Maybe the package readme file was the place to start, but 
"Do not use on Debian" was not in my top search results. I try to make a good 
faith effort to exhaust my options before contacting a human, so that helped me 
find this bug reports.

> In short: Please engage upstream to have them enable support for the
> PAM module in Debian, e.g. using the patch attached to this bugreport.
>
Someone else can take up that cross, especially considering how my bug reports 
get received. I saw the configuration option and thought "Wonder if I can do 
it?" I don't really remember how or when I figured out that I wasn't supposed 
to use it. That means I also can't remember what would have to change to learn 
this earlier in my troubleshooting process.

I hope something here was useful.

Reply via email to