Hey Olly et. al.  I'm very sorry about the recent lack of response on
this project.  I do in fact intend to keep maintaining it, and am hoping
to get back to pushing on it again soon.  I am very grateful to those
that have pushed NMUs to keep the package in Debian.

jamie.


On Tue, Sep 22 2026, Olly Betts <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Mar 2026 11:49:55 +1300 Olly Betts <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Sat, Mar 07, 2026 at 10:30:18AM +1300, Olly Betts wrote:
>> > The replacement is xapian.NumberRangeProcessor which will work in 1.4.x
>> > too.
>> 
>> I've now successfully test built xapers using python3-xapian from
>> experimental with this patch applied.
>
> It's been more than 6 months without a response.
>
> I'm intending to NMU this patch soon - the patched version will still
> work with Xapian 1.4.x but will also be ready for the xapian2
> transition.
>
> If you'd prefer to make a maintainer upload with the patch, please let
> me know.
>
>> While the build succeeded, there were two test failures, but these
>> seem to unrelated to Xapian and are due to the `pipes` module being
>> removed in Python 3.13 (as noted at
>> https://docs.python.org/3/library/pipes.html)
>
> These have since been fixed by NMUs.
>
> Cheers,
>     Olly

Reply via email to