Hello Fabio,

No worries about the response time, it’s kind of you to have taken the time to 
reply to me.

Unfortunately, since I only have access at command line, I log in with my 
username, then I run the startx command, and there, I immediately arrive on the 
Cinnamon desktop by-passing the graphical login manager. It is therefore 
impossible for me to choose the "Software Rendering" mode.

I took advantage of an upgrade to the Nvidia driver released today to uninstall 
the old driver, launch a text cession and start a graphic cession via "startx" 
without additional driver and thus provide you with the 3 requested files.

`/var/log/lightdm/lightdm.log`
`/var/log/lightdm/x-0.log` 
`~/.xsession-errors`

Notice that I renamed ".xsession-errors" to "xsession-errors" for convenience.

I hope that the Nova pilot will soon be mature enough to take over from the 
Nouveau pilot. That will probably avoid this type of problem in the futur.

Thank you again for everything, it’s always a pleasure to have contact with you 
and to be able to make my modest contribution to free software, me too :)

Best regards.

Philippe
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Logging to /var/log/lightdm/lightdm.log
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Starting Light Display Manager 1.32.0, UID=0 PID=1453
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Loading configuration dirs from /usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Loading configuration from /usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/01_debian.conf
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Loading configuration from /usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/50-slick-greeter.conf
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Loading configuration dirs from /usr/local/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Loading configuration dirs from /var/lib/flatpak/exports/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Loading configuration dirs from /etc/xdg/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Loading configuration from /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Registered seat module local
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Registered seat module xremote
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Using D-Bus name org.freedesktop.DisplayManager
[+0.00s] DEBUG: _g_io_module_get_default: Found default implementation local (GLocalVfs) for ‘gio-vfs’
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Monitoring logind for seats
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Acquired bus name org.freedesktop.DisplayManager
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Stopping Plymouth, no displays replace it
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Quitting Plymouth
[+0.03s] DEBUG: Loading users from org.freedesktop.Accounts
[+0.03s] DEBUG: User /org/freedesktop/Accounts/User1000 added
[+21.75s] DEBUG: Seat seat0 changes active session to 1
X.Org X Server 1.21.1.16
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
Current Operating System: Linux station 6.12.107+deb13-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Debian 6.12.107-1 (2026-08-29) x86_64
Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-6.12.107+deb13-amd64 root=UUID=72fd7d9c-6b79-48bc-8af9-9944bb23bbf4 ro quiet
xorg-server 2:21.1.16-1.3+deb13u4 (https://www.debian.org/support) 
Current version of pixman: 0.44.0
	Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
	to make sure that you have the latest version.
Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
	(++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
	(WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
(==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Tue Sep 22 17:59:38 2026
(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
(==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"
(II) Server terminated successfully (0). Closing log file.

Attachment: xsession-errors.bin
Description: Binary data

Reply via email to