Control: severity -1 wishlist

On Sat, 26 Sep 2026 04:19:05 +0200 Jürgen A. Erhard wrote:

> Package: apt-listbugs
> Version: 0.1.48
> Severity: important
> 
> Hi,

Hello, thanks for your bug report!

> 
> I'm using apt-listbugs in a Python tool, and I just had it crash out
> due to those terminal control sequences added as a fix for #1142460.

Do you mean that your Python tool parses the output of `apt-listbugs`?!?

Please take into account that the output of `apt-listbugs` has never
been intended to be machine-readable: it is not guaranteed to comply
with a stable format across successive versions...

> 
> You already check the output for tty-ness, so that should be a true
> SMOP. ;-)

Well, there's a reason why I implemented the new hyperlink feature
unconditionally, see my previous [explanation].

[explanation]: <https://bugs.debian.org/1142460#48>

Anyway, maybe I can add an option to disable the terminal emulator
hyperlinks.

I'll think about it.

Bye!


-- 
 https://...?
 There's not a second to spare! To the laboratory!
..................................................... Francesco Poli .
 GnuPG key fpr == CA01 1147 9CD2 EFDF FB82  3925 3E1C 27E1 1F69 BFFE

Attachment: pgpHWuCQ_p01b.pgp
Description: OpenPGP digital signature

Reply via email to