Thanks for the upload!

sön 2026-09-27 klockan 21:07 +0200 skrev Santiago Vila:
> > It would be nice if wdiff in Debian could be updated to latest
> > upstream
> > version, see release announcement below.
> > 
> > As temporary new upstream maintainer, I will go through all Debian
> > wdiff
> > bug reports and see if anything applies upstream, and I could
> > assist
> > with Debian packaging too if you want.
> 
> I did not find any special trouble in the packaging, but if you can
> review the bug reports in the BTS, that would be great.

It is on my todo list!  And another release, to get updated
translations incorporated.

> > Consider using upstream git instead of tarballs as the source, for
> > better supply-chain auditability, although doing so requires a bit
> > of
> > work (compare e.g., libntlm or libidn2 packaging for gnulib magic).
> 
> Indeed, using git instead of tarballs adds a complexity which I
> consider undesired, so I'll keep the traditional tarballs for now.
> (Life is too short...)
> 
> However, I've done the proper thing with the .sig file and the pgp
> keys, so I believe the supply-chain is in a good state. More to the
> point, you are not a "Mr. Unknown", you are a known person in the
> free
> software world, and I trust you :-)

No worries, and I fully sympathize with using the tarballs -- using git
increases some complexity and bootstrapping costs, but reduces the
number of vendored files.  It is a subjective balance which to prefer.

/Simon

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part

Reply via email to